Monday, June 25, 2018

Year 1, Week 47: We Look Freaky Fresh

So Elder Perkes and I just went and got our haircut. It was DOPE! First, they were playing the world cup, two, we look freaky fresh, and three, we even got a shampoo and conditioner wash for free! I feel like I sound like a girl but it was awesome! And only $18!

This week has been great! I learned that I will be getting transferred out of Waltham to a new area. Worcester, MA! It is pronounced, Wustah! Elder Curzon has been in that area for the last 8 months and I'm replacing him so, it's exciting! My new companion is named Elder Britt Warner. He is from American Fork, UT and we have a lot of mutual friends. Remember how Bishop Beeson told me to talk with an Elder but I already did over Instagram?? Yep, same guy! I'm pretty excited but a little bummed to be leaving so soon. We are close to Boston, have a great Spanish group, a truck, an AMAZING apartment, I even have my own Bathroom! But, I'm excited for change:) Elder Neeley, the Elder I trained is replacing me. Elder Perkes has been called as the new District Leader here in Waltham and I'll be going Zone Leader with Elder Warner.

Our investigator L is doing so good! He has been sober for about a month now which is so exciting! He says that he drinks pineapple juice whenever he has a craving because the acidity in the juice gives the same feel as alcohol! So he has found a replacement which is great:) he picked up a second job so he hasn't been able to come to church but we are working on that! He says he wants to build some trust before he asks for days off. He is still planning on getting baptized on July 15th, so I'll come back for that! 

We picked up some new investigators this week! The most promising is named L. He said he would listen to our message, pray about the Book of Mormon, read it, and meet with us again. We are meeting with him on Wednesday but I'll be gone so Elder Neeley and Elder Perkes will go. We are hoping that he continues to listen. 

So the Cambridge Chinese Elders had a baptism on Saturday, but forgot about the font so it flooded the church! They sucked out about 15 gallons of water with a water vacuum and had fans drying the room when we showed up for church. We still met with our Spanish group despite the water damage. During Sacrament meeting, a member of the High Council gave a talk but only spoke English. So I had to translate from English to Spanish. He was smart and printed out the scriptures and general conference quotes he was using so I could read them but anything he personally said I translated into Spanish. The members said I did a great job so hopefully it turned out alright. 

Elder Tebbs, my first Zone Leader in the mission, finished up and went home this last week. He chilled with us for about 3 hours before we took him to the mission home. I haven't had any companions go home yet and he is the closest friend I've had leave. It made me a little jealous that he was finishing up but, I'm all good to stay out. I haven't changed enough and can't go home until I do;) good thing I've got another 13 months to do it! 

We helped another family move this week! It was about 90 degrees outside and I was in my sweatshirt so I could work up a good sweat! Let's just say it happened... :)

Also, before district meeting I decided to make homemade cinnamon rolls! It was pretty sweet, one of the senior couples said, "I love cinnamon rolls and try to find the best ones wherever I go. These are one of the best I've eaten!" Liv would be proud of my baking skills! 

Anyway, not much more to tell! Love you all

Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment